July 7 @ 1:00 pm - July 9 @ 3:00 pm EDT
WASTE-POST APOCALYPTIC AIRSOFT
Join us at Sherwood Paintball for a 3-day Post-Apocalyptic airsoft event Hosted by WASTE, Pink Unicorn Airsoft and Sherwood Paintball.
Skarwood is a post apocalypse airsoft event themed around the Fallout video games, mad max and other post apocalypse genre. A fully immersive experience drops you in character in an open post-apocalyptic world. Skarwood offers the player the choice of a few experiences. For players that are looking for lots of action and objectives can choose to join one of the two main factions at war in the Waste or for players that are looking create their own adventure can be part of the Commonwealth and try to survive solo by taking on quest and missions from NPCs, making allies and enemies, do trade or barter for goods to survive, hang out in the casino or betray your fellow survivors! The choice is yours! Sign up today, if you want to survive the Waste!
NO OUTSIDE AMMO, ALL AMMO PROVIDED BY EVENT STAFF, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BRING YOUR OWN TO USE! * All ammo is controlled and distributed by the commonwealth merchant guild. -There will be several different bb weights available in game. 0.25, 0.32 and 0.40 *If players wish to bring and use their preferred bb brand and weight, they can turn them into the staff where they will be marked with your name and available through the commonwealth merchant or your Factions armory.
NO OUTSIDE BOTTLE CAPS, ALL BOTTLE CAPS PROVIDED BY EVENT STAFF, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BRING YOUR OWN TO USE! ** Bottle caps are the currency of the Waste. They are used to buy in game ammo and goods, use to make deals and obtain info or gamble in the casino with.
** players may bring and donate Bottle caps or Ammo to the event and will receive bonus starter caps or ammo.
Our characters find themselves along the Jet Road in an area known as Skarwood forest during a battle between The Brotherhood and The Chemlords. Located there is the town of Skarwood and Skarwood Castle, the castle is an old armory that has been turned in to a marketplace and is controlled by the free people and merchant’s guild known as the Skarwood commonwealth. The Jet Road is the main route for Chems supplying the Wastelands. The area has become a main hub of manufacturing and distribution of chems. The area outside the town and Skarwood Castle is controlled by the raiders known as the Chemlords. The Chemlords leave the town and castle alone as long as the commonwealth doesn’t interfere with their Chem business. The Brotherhood has moved into the area to help make the region safe and stop the Chemlords manufacturing and distribution of chems and put an end to the jet road.
Sherwood Paintball Inc.
3497 North US HWY 35
LaPorte, IN 46350
July 7,8,9. 2023
Price per player:
$65 single day walk on
$90 weekend walk on
$80 weekend preregistration
Weekend Registration includes:
Three-day pass to the event
Free Limited-Edition Patch
One raffle ticket (extras can be purchased on the spot)
Use of props – Game will have interactive props.
Pyrotechnics use and more…
Food and drinks will be available at the field for purchase.
Player Starter kit:
100 rds of BBs 5 Bottle caps
Day 1 Friday July 7
Early Camping Early Registration
Day 2 Saturday July 8
8:00am – Registration/Chrono
10:00 – Safety Briefing
10:30 – Game Play Starts
3:00-4:00pm – lunch Break 4:01pm– Game restart 8:00pm—Day 1 Game End
Day 3 Sunday July 9
9:00am – Register/Chrono/New players
10:00 – Safety Briefing
10:30 – Game Play Starts
2:00-3:00 – Final Battle
3:00pm – End Game Ceremony/ Raffle / Game Over
*Gameplay schedule might change due to extreme weather conditions. But we will play rain or shine. *Check-in will be available on Friday night to speed things up on the day of the event.
Every player is responsible for knowing the rules and for teaching them to any new person they bring to an event.
Players must choose to join one of the two main Factions at war in Skarwood or they may choose to be a solo neutral player or neutral Gang and survive alone.
Trophy will be awarded to the winning faction, MV player and MV gang/squad
Skarwood commonwealth: NPC’s, All solo neutral players and Gangs
The Brotherhood: Military faction looking to take control and wipe out the chem labs.
The Chemlords: Raider faction that controls the area and runs multiple chem labs in the area.
-Factions are made up of multiple gangs/squads/teams -Gangs are smaller groups of players.
Solo players of the commonwealth can form new factions. -If the solo players in the commonweath come together and form a new faction big enough to compete for control of Skarwood, then they could win the game and trophies. New faction must have a large enough member count and must be approved by staff to qualify.
ANYTHING you want! dress for the part.
BONUS AMMO will be awarded to any crazy, wild and or post-apocalyptic themed uniforms and gangs.
(Under 16 must be accompanied by parent or guardian)
(Under 18 must have a waiver signed by parent or guardian)
-All participants required to sign waivers and media release forms.
-Full Seal ANSI-rated goggles/glasses are required. No Exceptions
-Full face protection for players under 18 years of age. No Exceptions.
-Barrel Covers are required outside of playing area at all times. No Exceptions
-No wire mesh goggles allowed.
-Goggles should never be removed during game play areas.
If your goggles become fogged, ask for a referee help or leave game area and the field to clear fog.
-Weaponry must be made safe by removing the magazine and clearing the hop-up before coming off field. No dry firing in safe zone; chronograph area is available for testing weaponry.
-Respect of property, equipment, and other players and field is required.
-Any conduct done with malicious intent will result in the offender being banned from event and the authorities will be called.
-Homemade fireworks and pyrotechnics are not allowed.
-Commercially produced cold smoke grenades, pea grenades and similar items are allowed.
-Radio eavesdropping is not allowed unless permitted in the scenario by the EO.
-Metal or glass ammunition is not permitted. Bio preferred but not required.
-Real weapons, including firearms and large fixed blade knives, cannot be permitted on the property.
-No overshooting or blind firing. Always look down the barrel before and while shooting.
-No running through buildings.
-No climbing, changing, or moving of trees, or any structures. Players should wear adequate clothing, including personal protection.
-No verbal abuse, profanity, name calling, or slurs of any kind. No physical abuse of any kind.
-Please do not shoot any animals or game personnel.
WEAPONS CLASS FPS AND JOULE LIMIT:
All replicas will be issued ‘chronograph’ tags after being registered. These tags must remain on the replica for the entire event.
Pistols, No MED. Must be within the same requirements as Assault rifles.
Assault rifles, No MED. All assault rifles (no matter how they are powered) must not be over 365 fps 1.6 joules and semi-auto only.
Submachine gun, No MED. submachineguns (no matter how they are powered) must not be over 365 fps 1.6 joules and semi-auto only. -Submachineguns may use full auto as long as it operates at no more than 1.0 Joule. Submachinguns on full auto have a 20 foot MED.
Shotguns, follow same rule as assault rifles.
-shotgun with full auto capability and a drum mag can follow the support weapons rules. must be approved by staff.
Support weapons, 1.6 joules and have a 20-ft M.E.D. -full auto is allowed for support weapons.
DMR (Designated Marksman Rifle): 370-399 fps and 1.85 joules max, 50-ft MED. semi-auto only. -Must carry secondary weapon capable of lesser class fps.
Sniper Rifle (bolt action): 400-500 fps Max 2.85 joules, 100 ft MED. -Must carry secondary weapon capable of lesser class joule rating.
Thunder B’s, pea grenades, Eg67, Taggin, Tornado grenades, or any other types that spray. BBs have a 20ft kill radius. —Grenades hits cause a critical wound.
-Players behind Hard cover are not affected by grenades.
-Building walls, barrels and barricades count as hard cover.
– No explosives, open flame or hot burning smoke will be allowed for fire hazard/safety reasons.
– Smoke may not be used inside of buildings.
Red smoke is used as chemical weapons. Players without a gasmask die instantly and must head to respawn. Gasmask does not need to be worn just has to be on the players person.
Orange smoke is used for radiation storms.
Randomly during a game, the staff may set off large green smoke grenades which represents a radiation cloud. Any players caught in the smoke without a gasmask, Rad-X or not in a building with 4 walls, will die instantly.
GAS MASK: any type of gas mask, paint respirator is acceptable.
Players with staff approved full face airsoft mask/helmet count as a worn gas mask.
Shields are allowed and are immune to bb shots. Grenade hits destroy shields and cause a critical wound to the player holding the shield. Destroyed shields cannot be used again until they are repaired or if the player respawns.
-Any player can wear a bomb vest.
-Player must have the Demolition expert Perk card and blueprints to make/construct vests in game.
-Bomb vest can only be used once per game, to used again the player must find new components and have the appropriate perk card to construct a new vest
-Bomb vests have a lethal radius of 20 feet and are triggered by the player simply displaying the device.
-Any vest device must be TRIGGERED prior to being shot or captured for search.
-Any bomb vest must be approved by Staff.
-Player needs Mini Nuke prop and launcher to use Mini Nuke.
-Mini Nuke has a kill radius of 100 feet.
– Any player outside and inside buildings within the kill radius are killed and must head to respawn.
Foam melee weapons are allowed. Any homemade/modified weapons MUST be approved by WASTE staff before the event.
When hit the player is “Critically wounded” a player must yell as loudly and clearly as possibly “HIT” – To visually signify a hit the player’s weapon and/or hands must be raised over their head.
Must call out “HIT” for all Critical wounds. – Airsoft is a game of integrity. Call your own hits. Never call the enemies hits for them.
***Players should not put themselves in a position in which headshots are necessary or encouraged. All players are encouraged to aim at center mass (center of the chest/back) If a Head shot occurs it should be treated as a “critical wound” Any player that is caught intentionally taking head shots will be ejected from the game and told to leave the grounds****
HIT = “critical wound”
Take a knee or lay down. -Player can call out “medic” for a medwrap or Stimpak revival. -medwrap and Stimpak revival cannot be self-applied unless player is wearing staff approved armor.
– Player applying the Stimpak must stay in contact with wounded player for 10 seconds in order for Stimpak to revive the player.
-player applying medwrap must stay in contact with wounded player for 30 seconds in order for medwrap to revive player.
– If medic uses Stimpak injured player may remove medwrap and reuse at later time as needed.
-If player does not receive a medwrap or stimpak revive within 2 minutes the player bleeds out.
Player cannot be Stimpak’d more than 3 time per respawn.
BLEED OUT AND DEATH:
If player bleeds out, put on dead rag and head to respawn. No talking to live players, remember dead men don’t talk.
Players wearing the equivalent to armor on more than 50% of their person can revive themselves with Medwraps and Stimpaks.
All Armor must be approved by WASTE staff to receive the revive bonus.
Power armor: armor points- 3 separate bell hits or 3 melee hits.
Juggernauts can be killed if the bell is hit 3 separate take down times or by melee combat during 30 sec take down time.
-any juggernaut armor and Staff approved cosplay armor counts as Power Armor
-A player in power armor is considered a juggernaut with the following rules.
-Must have 100% armor coverage.
-Full power armor must be outfitted with a pie plate/bell in the center of the chest to represent a power cell… Bell must be hit for hit to count. – Juggernaut player is dead and must head to respawn after getting 3 take down bell hits or if killed in melee combat.
-When plate/bell is hit, juggernaut player must stop shooting and wait 30 seconds before they can start moving or shooting again.
-during the 30 seconds any opposing player can engage juggernaut in melee combat.
– Once melee combat is engaged juggernaut cannot use guns until melee is complete.
– If juggernaut is killed in melee, they must head to re-spawn -Grenade hits count as a bell hit and takes downs juggernaut, multiple grenade hits within 30 seconds kills power armor player and the must head to respawn.
MELEE COMBAT RULES:
Melee hit rules: 2 limb wounds=death, 1 Hit to Torso/chest or back= death.
Melee combat is lightest touch to medium contact. Players should use which combat style their opponent is comfortable with, NO over aggressive engagement unless opponent is comfortable with it. NO HEAVY SWINGING OF MELEE WEAPONDS. NO HEAD HITS, Player using melee should always avoid swinging at the head.
Radiation zones will be marked with green tape.
Player without a Gasmask will die if they enter a Rad zone for more than 5 seconds.
There are random loot containers of various shape, size and color (most are red) throughout the game area.
-When you clam the loot from these containers you may leave the container in plain site or return it to a staff member so it can be refilled and replaced back in game.
– Merchants will also pay a couple caps for them.
-A dead player can be looted before they bleed out and head to respawn.
-Players need to ask for permission to search for loot on or in the gear of any dead player.
-If permission is not granted than the dead player must hand over one of the loot options below.
-Dead players walking to re spawn cannot be looted.
-Player can choose one of the following options when looting dead player.
1. loot all caps 2. Loot any or all in game loot items. 3. Loot all ammo not in a gun or magazine.
-Dead players can only be looted once per death.
Stimpak (rare): A player may revive or heal another other players by using a Stimpak.
-A Stimpak can be used on themselves if they are still ALIVE with a medwrap on or wearing staff approved Armor.
-Players wearing Staff approved Armor CANNOT use a Stimpak on themselves if they are in “critical wounded “status and they must be applied by another player. -Players must wait 10 seconds to be healed by a Stimpak and cannot move during this time. -The ability to “heal” another player with a stimpak is done by maintaining physical
contact with that player for 10 seconds with the stimpak and tapping the player once per second.
MedWrap (common): A player may revive or heal another player by using a Medwrap.
-A player can use a Medwrap on other players.
-A player can use a medwrap on themselves if theyare wearing staff approved Armor.
-Players not wearing staff approved Armor CANNOT use a Medwrap on themselves if they are in “critical wounded “status and they must be applied by another player.
-Players must wait 30 seconds to be healed by a Medwrap and cannot
move during this time.
-The ability to “heal” another player with a Medwrap is done by wrapping medwrap around injured players arm a minimum or two times and maintaining physical contact with that player after medwrap is applied for 30 seconds and tapping the player once per second.
-Player can only wear one medwrap at a time.
-if hit while wearing a medwrap, player is “critically wounded” and will bleed out within 2 min if not revived with a Stimpack -Medwraps can be reused. -Remove after stempak heal or respawn.
CAPTURE AND ENSLAVEMENT:
-Player must be reached before bleed out to be captured.
-Players walking to respawn cannot be captured or enslaved.
-Captured players can be enslaved to fight in the Blood pit to win their freedom.
Ghouls, Synths, super mutants
-Ghoul: immune to radiation.
-Synths: immune to radiation and chemical weapons.
-Super Mutant: super heavy armor rule, immune to radiation and chemical weapons.
Players must dress and LOOK like the race they choose. …. a Super mutant should look like a super mutant etc…
Merchants have the goods you want and they want your caps. They also may have work to earn extra caps or ammo.
All ammo is controlled and distributed by the commonwealth merchant guild. -There will be several different bb weights available in game. 0.25, 0.32 and 0.40 *If players wish to bring and use their preferred bb brand and weight, they can turn them into the staff where they will be marked with your name and available through the main commonwealth merchant.
NPC’s (non-player characters):
In the waste, unique characters, wandering merchants, cultists, mutants and ghouls that may roam around and have no allegiance to anyone. They carry their own items and are free to fight whomever they choose. They are under the control of the staff and are field marshals as well.
-Perk card are in game items that grant players S.P.E.C.I.A.L skills, abilities and bonuses.
– perk cards can be acquired by paying caps for training or gained by completing special quest or tasks.
-Perk cards cannot be looted
– Perk cards may be sold or traded among players.
-Perk cards must be displayed on lanyard/string/cord around players’ neck
-All vehicles must be approved for use by WASTE Staff prior to the event.
– Vehicles are limited to a max speed of 5 mph or a fast walking speed, whichever is slower. No exceptions.
– Vehicles must have Fully functional brakes. No exceptions
– Drivers of any vehicles must be over the age of 18.
– Vehicle Insurance is required and additional regulations may be required as well.
– All occupants must wear helmets if riding on the outside of the vehicle while on the field of play.
– Players are not allowed to enter or exit moving vehicles.
– Players must respect the vehicle blind spot to avoid potential injuries.
– DO NOT SHOOT THE DRIVERS CABIN. Players other than the driver are susceptible to normal BB fire and normal rules for player.
– Vehicles must have the two rear windows down all the way. Front Windows are to stay in an upward position unless the driver consents otherwise. (windows maybe cracked for airflow).
– Players inside vehicle are only allowed to fire from fully open widows, turrets and/or open top.
– if all the passengers of the vehicle are hit from gun fire, vehicle is considered disabled and must wait to be reoccupied If the vehicle is not reoccupied after 5 minutes, vehicle must head back to their teams base.
– Vehicles are considered damaged when hit once with a grenade or rocket and can be repaired. A second grenade/rocket hit Destroys the vehicle and kills all players inside.
– AT NO TIME should any grenade be thrown into the turret or in a window of a vehicle.
– Destroyed, Damaged and Disabled vehicles must stop and turn on their hazard lights and or raise a red flag to signal they have been destroyed, damaged or disabled.
– After being hit, the vehicle must remain in that spot for 5 minutes.
– After the 5-minute repair time/bleed out period, vehicle must teams base
– You can carry back other “dead” players to your main base
– The respawn time for vehicles is 5 minutes.
– Players inside a vehicle must still look down the site of their weapon in order to fire their weapon. (NO BLIND FIRING)
UNMANNED AERIAL & LAND VEHICLES/DRONES
– Any aerial or unmanned vehicles/Drones must be approved by staff prior to the event.
– No gas-powered devices are allowed.
– Players may not shoot, touch, or displace the devices unless directed by staff.
The following infractions will result in immediate removal from field property and a permanent ban from future events and field property. Law enforcement will be used if required to remove problematic players.
– Theft of field or company property.
– Vandalism or destruction of property.
– Assault of participants, visitors, or staff.
– Repeated removal of eye protection.
– Unsportsmanlike like conduct
What to Bring:
– Full-Seal Eye Protection (ANSI 87.1 rating).(required)
– Airsoft Replica, Sidearm, and Magazines.
– Red ‘Kill’ Rag (Required).
– Barrel Bag or Muzzle Plug (Required for airsoft replica).
– Batteries,(Required for airsoft replica) Charging Unit, ,Spare Batteries (Recommended).***a charging station may not be available so make sure your batteries are fully charged!)
– 3 Loot Items- Players are encouraged but not required to bring at least 3 lootable items to the game. Bring items that you do not care if you get them back at the end of the game. Loot items can be things like…. extra hats, extra scarves, extra food and drinks or any other cool piece of loot. (Lootable Items should be items you may never get back and may be useful to a survivor in the waste. Loot may also be used as trade)
– Foam melee weapon*(optional)
– Medwrap – 3inx3ft white cloth bandage, (optional)
(Medwrap’s and StimPak’s will also be available in game from Merchants for bottle caps or trade)
– Drinks, snacks.
– Live firearms (real steel) are not permitted on the property.
– Waste is Not responsible for items or belongings that are lost, stolen, or damaged.
Players that bring their own Medwrap…remember… this will become lootable and you may not get it back at the end of the game.
No outside Stimpak’s, Bottle caps or Ammo allowed.
AEG – Automatic Electric Gun
DMR – Designated Marksman Rifle
EO – Event Organizer
FPS – Feet per Second
RPS – Rounds per second
MED – Minimum Engagement Distance
FOB – Forward operating base
Every player is responsible for knowing the rules and for teaching them to
any new person they bring to an event.
WASTE- Post Apocalyptic Airsoft L.A.R.P. Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1578155339174159/
* To redeem your ticket please print out the copy of the receipt and present it during check in with a valid ID
** Please fill out WASTE waivers to speed up the check in process at the gates.
**Sherwood Forest digital waiver available on their website.
*** Item is non-refundable.